We’re searching for our next EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR! We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our mission as a social issues theater and who has experience in fiscal and facilities management, development, fundraising and volunteer management.
This is a part-time job with a stipend. The application deadline is June 30. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
• Provide day-to-day management of theater operations
• Build and nurture relationships with the theater’s board members, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors
• Ensure fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness in the audition, casting, rehearsal, and performance process
Finance, Operations, and Facilities
• Ensure sound financial management and administrative policies, maintain and present accurate financial records and reports for board review
• Negotiate organizational contracts, including but not limited to facility, performance rights and royalties, and overall purchasing
• Cultivate donor prospects and major gifts, corporate sponsorship, and foundation requests in coordination with the Board of Directors
• Write grant proposals, maintain a grant writing database, and build and sustain relationships with current, new and potential grant-giving organizations and individuals
Community and Stakeholder Engagement
• Represent the Weekend in the Little Rock community and serve as a knowledgeable, expert advocate for issues impacting the Weekend as well as the entire arts and culture sector.
• Collaborate with the Artistic Director and Play Selection Committee to review and approve an annual production schedule
• Passion and appreciation for social issue theater
• Experience in finance, fundraising, contract negotiation, and theatrical production
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in business, arts administration, theater arts, arts education, or nonprofit management preferred
• Minimum two years of successful administrative leadership in the arts, education, or creative industry is desired
• Self-starter with drive to initiate and complete projects
• Aptitude to build trust and engage people through open-mindedness, active listening, and thoughtful and respectful dialogue
• Ability skill to identify and analyze risks, establish, and prioritize goals and make consistently sound decisions
• Initiative to evaluate processes, establish and honor timelines, demonstrate commitment to outcomes through strategic decision making, and adjust priorities and expectations accordingly.
• Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation and accuracy